Sunday, March 15, 2015

Singular musing..

Just met too many people over last few days who made my mind start on this line of thought. To be more specific all of them were men though this has nothing to do with gender. To be more precise the first thought came over the news of a dear colleagues mother being due for a heart surgery. I happen to know that he is very close to his mother which is not really a surprise..most people are close to their mothers. Anyway, moving on with my story, he is also single and 40 plus years of age. the thought that distressed me was what will he do if his mother doesn't survive it?
Next I came know of a father who is 67 and wants to remarry .his wife is no more though he has full grown kids with their own set of kids. He has just mentioned it to his son, who is not talking it well.
And I spoke to a man who is retiring in another 2 yrs having worked at the same place for over 40 yrs . He too is single . Living alone. I asked him,what are his plans post retirement , he didn't share anything much and I got the feeling that I am asking a wrong question. He tried to tell me in few words without intruding that marriage is important and age makes one rigid.
And then there is someone who will turn 40 this year. single. Has resigned to the fact that it's too late to have kids as it will be irresponsible to do so, someone with his life style will not have a chance to provide good parenting for any child and the child will not get a childhood really, having to take care of his parent probably.
Hmm. That's too much for 2 days I say.
Though it's not all so gloomy. I met an award winning sculptor last month. He is77 and still pursuing his passion for at and traveling to workshops. My inspiration.
One would say at 32 I need not think so much. But I can't help but wonder what s in store for me. Art.Music and love I hope.

No comments: